- Enjoy a private tour of Dubrovnik Old Town.
- Discover the birthplace of Marco Polo in Korčula.
- Take a day trip to the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- Explore the Roman ruins in Pula and visit Poreč.
- Take a boat trip to St. Mary’s island on Lake Bled.
- Spend a day in Slovenia’s capital Ljubljana.
- Stroll the charming streets of Zagreb.
Begin in Dubrovnik and spend two nights at the elegant Hotel Excelsior with stunning views of the Adriatic. Enjoy a private walking tour of Dubrovnik Old Town and its museums, architectural landmarks, outdoor markets and specialty shops. Also enjoy a privately guided tour of the islands of Korčula and Hvar. Your guide will ensure that you discover the best of both island—whether you are interested learning about the birthplace of Marco Polo, discovering the fascinating Moreška dance or simply discovering hidden neighborhoods and sampling specialties at local wine bars, each day will be tailored to your interests.
Next, depart by car for Opatija, stopping en route as you desire. Perhaps tour the Roman ruins in Pula, famous basilica in Poreč or taste delicious local specialties with truffles. Spend a day on a private excursion in Slovenia’s Lake Bled. Continue by private car to Ljubljana known for its oldest Philharmonics in the world and numerous theaters and museums.
Discover the charm of Croatia’s capital its Baroque palaces and churches, and the surprising urban additions of the modern city. During free time in Zagreb, enjoy the region’s excellent cuisine.
Day 1: Arrive Dubrovnik
Arrive beautiful Dubrovnik, Croatia. You will be greeted by your Tour Director and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon in leisure. Hotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik, (B)
Day 2: Dubrovnik
Tour Dubrovnik’s Old Town in the company of your expert local guide. Visit the cloister at the Franciscan Monastery, home to one of Europe’s oldest pharmacies. Delight in the artistic treasures of the Assumption of the Virgin, the Rector’s Palace and the XIV Century Dominican Monastery. Hotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik, (B)
Day 3: Dubrovnik/Korčula/Split
Ferry ride to the island of Korčula en route to Split. This is southern Dalmatia’s largest and most sophisticated island, and the birthplace of Marco Polo. Visit the Gothic Renaissance Cathedral, the XV century Revelin Tower at the Land Gate, and the Moreška sword dance exhibition. In the afternoon, we continue to Split. Hotel Marmont, Split, (B)
Day 4: Split
Split is the largest city along the Adriatic coast. Visit the palace of the 4th Century Roman Emperor Diocletian. Continue on to the charming town of Trogir, and quickly see why it is called the museum city as you notice the many artistic repositories it hosts. Afterwards, we return to Split. Hotel Marmont, Split, (B)
Day 5: Split/Hvar/Split
Ferry ride to Hvar, one of Croatia’s most beautiful islands. Enjoy a tour of the city of Hvar, home to one of the first communal theaters in Europe, built in 1612 and called the Arsenal. Then sample some of Hvar’s delectable cuisine, and perhaps take a short drive to the beautiful fields of lavender. We return to Split. Hotel Marmont, Split, (B)
Day 6: Split/Plitvice/Opatija
Discover Plitvice Lakes National Park: the oasis of rare natural beauty and one of Europe’s most dazzling nature reserve parks. In the afternoon, continue to Opatija, one of Europe’s oldest and most elite summer resorts. Hotel Bevanda, Opatija, (B)
Day 7: Opatija/Pula/Poreč/Opatija
Visit the Istrian Peninsula. Stop in Poreč, home to the famous basilica of St. Euphrasius. Then on to beautiful Rovinj, Istria’s cultural mecca where the monumental baroque Church of St. Euphemia resides. Journey through the serene Tuscan-like scenery with its rolling hills and picturesque quaint villages. Hotel Bevanda, Opatija, (B)
Day 8: Opatija/Bled
Lake Bled is one of Europe’s most fascinating cities. Take a boat ride to St. Mary’s Island and admire the renowned church built into the rock that impregnates this small island. You will be amazed from views of this pristine Alpine resort. Villa Bled, Bled, (B)
Day 9: Bled/Ljubljana/Zagreb
Ljubljana is home to one of the oldest Philharmonics in the world, and also to numerous theaters, museums and art galleries. Stroll through the Old Town and experience your private tour in the company of a local expert. Continue to Zagreb. Hotel Esplanade, Zagreb, (B)
Day 10: Zagreb
Croatia’s capital, Zagreb, will charm you with its abundance of rich cultural heritage dating back to medieval days. Visit St. Mark’s church in the Upper Town, the Croatian National Theater, and some of its many fine art galleries. Stop at Dolac, the open-air market, and sample some delicious homemade specialties. Hotel Esplanade, Zagreb, (B)
Day 11: Depart Zagreb
Transfer to airport.
YOUR VACATION INCLUDES
- Experienced English speaking driver & tour director throughout the trip
- Comfortable air-conditioned sedan at your disposal throughout the trip
- Private sightseeing tour of Dubrovnik with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Private sightseeing tour of Korčula town with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Wine and oyster tasting in Ston on Peljesac Peninsula en route to Split
- Private sightseeing tour of Hvar island including tastings of local wine and delicacies with a professional-English speaking local guide
- Private sightseeing tour of Split & Trogir with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Private sightseeing tour of Plitvice Lakes National Parsk with a professional-English speaking local expert guide
- Private sightseeing tour of Pula & Porec with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Olive oil & truffle specialties tasting in Istrian countryside with a professional English-speaking local expert guide
- Private sightseeing tour of Zagreb with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees for Zagreb, Pula, Split and Dubrovnik museums
- Dubrovnik, Hotel Excelsior, deluxe sea-view room, 2 nights, breakfast
- Split, Hotel Marmont, deluxe room, 3 nights, breakfast
- Opatija, Hotel Bevanda, superior sea-view room, 2 nights, breakfast
- Bled, Villa Bled, lake-view room, 1 nights, breakfast
- Zagreb, Regent Esplanade, deluxe room, 2 night, breakfast
- Meals, drinks, gratuities, telephone charges and incidentals
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusion
|SEASON I||January 1 – March 31 & November 1 - December 31, 2018|
|SEASON II||April 1 – May 10 & October 1 – October 31, 2018|
|SEASON III||May 11 – September 30, 2018|
|Land Rate Per Person||4||3||2|
|SEASON I||$4,595||$4,995||$5,895||> Book|
|SEASON II||$5,195||$5,595||$6,495||> Book|
|SEASON III||$5,695||$6,095||$6,995||> Book|
Single supplement: $1,425