Flavors of Zagreb & Istria
- Explore the famous Dolac market in Zagreb.
- Learn to prepare favorite Croatian specialties such as “štrukli ” and “mlinci”!
- Travel to the Varaždin and Zagorje region to sample artisan specialties on local farms.
- Taste fluffy “kremšnita” in Samobor!
- Visit beautiful Istria and try the region’s best pasta with truffles!
- Sample the local beer and “janjetina ispod peke” in Plitvice Lakes.
This private luxury tour of Northern Croatia focuses on the best of the country’s outstanding art, culture and cuisine. Begin your tour in the exciting city of Zagreb and soak up its history and culture. Visit the quaint and romantic Upper town and enjoy walking through its car-free winding streets. Also visit the many museums and cultural highlights this bustling city has to offer.
Next make your way to Varaždin and Zagorje, known for their stunning views and amazing local cuisine. Enrich your culinary adventure by learning about some of the specialties distinct to this remarkable region.
Continue your journey in the breathtaking Istrian peninsula and sample your way through the food and wine that are celebrated in this area. Indulge yourself with excellent homemade food and even bring some of the areas specialties to your family and friends back home.
Culminate this journey by traveling to the Island of Krk and Pula & Poreč to see some of Croatia’s most important history. Enjoy the natural beauty in Plitvice National park before ending your trip with even more traditional cuisine.
What an amazing experience
Wow! We had an amazing time in Slovenia & Croatia. Everything went smoothly and we really enjoyed every minute of our vacation. Hotels were exactly what we like, guides and drivers were so friendly, personable and knowledgeable. Our guide in Ljubljana and Lake Bled was like a family to us. We never knew Croatia's wine was so good. Thank you for all of the wine tastings near Split in Hvar and Peljesac. We had an opportunity to meet with a wine maker that you arranged for us. I am attaching a few photos that I know use as my bragging rights with friends:) Thank you, Tom and everyone at Adriatic Luxury Journeys for taking such a great care of us and for offering us the best rate, too! We have already recommended you to many of our friends. Cheers, Irwin B.
You have exceeded our expectations
We absolutely loved our private tour of Croatia and Montenegro! You have exceeded our expectations every step of the way! From luxury accommodations and rooms with best views, awesome drivers and guides, choice of local restaurants and menus…I simply don’t know where to stop. We learned so much about life and people there and we will cherish this wonderful experience for a very, very long time. We were sooo happy with your excellent itinerary design and coordination. Not having to spend long time in the mini bus each day was exactly what we needed, and your team delivered it all to the perfection! Thank you so much for planning such a thoughtful trip and for taking care of every single details for all six of us! Amanda, Thomas, Kathy, Dan, Jan & Todd
- Private sightseeing of Zagreb with cooking class and lunch
- Private excursion to Zagorje, visit to Trakoscan Castle with traditional lunch
- Private sightseeing of Rovinj with food tasting
- Private excursion of Istrian countryside, visit to Groznjan and Motovun
- Truffle hunting in Istria with cooking class and dinner
- Self-guided tour of Plitvice lakes with optional dining experience
- Pprivate sightseeing of Split with food tasting
- Private visit to family estate for wine tasting and home-made dinner & wine tasting
- Private boat excursion to Hvar island with lunch in an olive grove and island exploration
- Private wine and oyster tasting in Ston
- Private sightseeing of Dubrovnik with food tasting
- Private cooking class in a village near Dubrovnik with lunch or dinner
- All private transfers by car and driver as per the itinerary
- 24 hour assistance in Croatia if needed
- Zagreb, Hotel Esplanade, 3 nights, breakfast
- Rovinj, Hotel Monte Mulini, 3 nights, breakfast
- Split, Hotel Marmont, 3 nights, breakfast
- Dubrovnik, Hotel Excelsior, 2 nights, breakfast
- Airfare, tips,
- €1 – €3.5 tourist tax per person per day, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusion
|SEASON I||November 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021|
|SEASON II||April 1 – May 10 & October 1 – October 31, 2021|
|SEASON III||May 11 – September 30, 2021|
|Rates are in US dollars.|
|PRICES (per person based on double/twin occupancy)|
|Rate Per Person|
|SEASON I||From $5,595|
|SEASON II||From $6,395|
|SEASON III||From $6,795|